AFA Initiatives with Farmers in Forested Land Scapes
Struggles. Actions. Lessons Learned.
This is a compilation of case studies written by AFA members who implemented FFF projects in 2015-2016. The cases reflect the struggles, the actions and the lessons learned by AFA members in organizing and building the capacities of their members in forested landscapes, at village, commune or district/town levels, in pursuit of the five priority agenda of AFA: promote secure tenurial rights over land and forest resources, produce diverse and nutritious food through sustainable agri-forestry, build and strengthen family farmers cooperatives and their enterprises, empower women members and attact youth to agriculture.
- The Right to Cultivate – AFFM, Myanmar
- Stop the Centennial Dam – PAKISAMA, Philippines
- Defending Land Tenure in a Community Protected Area – FNN, Cambodia
- The Sweet and Sustainable Business of Honey Production – API, Indonesia
- Discovering the Fortune in Cinnamon – VNFU, Vietnam
- Growing Eco-Friendly Tea in Protected Wetlands – CTCF, Nepal
- Creating a Garden Paradise out of Forest Farming – NLRF, Nepal
- Sustaining the Wonders of the Forests – NAMAC, Mongolia
- Rationalizing the Use of Forestlands – UWUA, Kyrgyz Republic