The South Asian region, covering the countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, comprises 3% of the world’s area, 24% of the world’s population, and 3.8% of the global economy, as of 2015. It has been regarded as the most […]
Golden Phoenix Hotel, Pasay City, Philippines 2-5 December 2017 [View the story “Regional Policy Consultations on Family Farming Matter” on Storify]
Around 250 Filipino farmers and fisher’s organizations, Philippine government, civil society organizations, development partners and farmer an fisher’s organizations from ASEAN member countries will gather on 27-28 November 2017 at the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Headquarters in Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila to celebrate the fourth year of the International Year of Family Farming (IYFF) through a Knowledge Learning Market and Policy Engagement (KLMPE).
In support to the decade-long campaign to promote family farming, the 2017 KLMPE will be a venue for farmer and fisher organizations, the government, CSOs and development partners to share their success stories, good practices, initiatives and innovations, and discuss current issues, policies and programs that promote family farming and inclusive rural transformation. For the first time, the event will include participants from ASEAN members and Asian countries who will also present their cases.
With the theme “Moving Towards Inclusive Rural Transformation”, the IYFF+3-KLMPE aims to stimulate active policies for sustainable development of agricultural systems based on farming families, indigenous groups, cooperatives and fishing families.
The KLMPE is a multi-stakeholder platform managed by a technical working group composed of representatives from the Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahang Magsasaka (PAKISAMA), ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations’ Support Programme (AFOSP)-The Medium Term Cooperation Programme Phase II (MTCP2), Philippine Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Areas (PhilDHRRA), Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), Asian Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Asia (AsiaDHRRA), Trias, and We Effect.
- The Chokolate de San Isidro Social Enterprise
- The Sweet Story of SAPANG MPC
- Making Cooperatives More Responsive to Farmers: The PFFAFFCF Model
- The Kalahan Reserve
- Co-Management of the Ambao Fish Sanctuary
- Coconut Farmers Trust Fund: Coco Levy Assets to Benefit the Poor
- ISLACO: Building Better Farms for the Future
- GAP and LEISA Practice in Pineapple Industry
- Family Farming Approach: A Good Farming Practice
- Improving Lives through Partnerships: The Brgy Fabrica Experience
- LinkSFarM: Discovering the Value of Shelled Peanuts
- Enhancing Market Power: The NMFDC Model
- Rural Women Farmers in Sitio Maledda
- MYFS: Hand in Hand in Building Resilience
- Gender Mainstreaming: The Experience of Tri-People Program on Food Sovereignty & Peacebuilding
- INDONESIA: Coastal Community Development Project (CCDP)
- PHILIPPINES: FAO’s Agricultural Strategies in the Philippines
- PHILIPPINES: Impact Assessment of Irrigated Rice Production Enhancement Project (IRPEP)
READ TWEETS ON#KLMPE2017
Around 40 participants from various farmers and fishers’ organizations, cooperatives, CSOs and local government attend the three-day Participatory Lobby and Advocacy Training: FACT (Farmers Advocacy Consultation Tool) Plug-in Pilot Training at CBD Hotel in Naga City on 6-8 November 2017. On the first day of […]
Asia-Pacific farmers’ organizations and partners gather in India for the MTCP2 Regional Steering Committee Meeting
Representatives from farmer organizations in Southeast Asia, East Asia, South Asia and the Pacific, international partners, and civil society organizations gathered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India on 6-10 October 2017 for the Expanded 3rd MTCP2 Regional Steering Committee Meeting. The RSC opened with an interfaith prayer […]